Thursday 15 July 2010

My tribute to Frank Zappa!

Shortly before Frank died in 1993 I composed and programmed the basic rhythm section of this tribute on a Yamaha Music Computer. The sounds I used came from a Proteus E-mu synthesizer. For some reason I never got around to finishing it. Later that computer crashed and I lost all the midi files that were on it. This week I found an old cassette of the recording and decided to finish it by adding stuff to it. I cut it up and looped a section to fit a guitar solo.Some drum rolls were added to the guitar and piano solo sections. And finally the part I am excited the most about adding to the original recording is the ending where the main melody of Frank's composition Eat That Question is quoted. I am very pleased with the way the final mix of this updated version turned out. I hope I have not done an injustice to Frank with this composition and with the guitar solo I played on it which was inspired directly by FZ's style of playing. I would appreciate comments from everyone who listens to it even if they are negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment